How you really want to play Chess. A multiplayer VR chess game built in Unity.
Project Links: GitHub Landing Page
If you want to read more about this project, read my blog post about it here
About Rage Chess VR ♟️
You're in the middle of a chess match and your opponent strikes that sneaky move you should have seen coming.
What's your emotional impulse?
Flip the chess board and let the pieces fly across the room? 💥
Break the chess board with a hammer? 🔨
Pick up your trusty crossbow and shoot your king into the sky? 🏹
Now you can!
Rage Chess is a Multiplayer VR game that allows users to play chess and express their emotions throughout the game.
A list of acknowledgments to the creators who helped blaze the trail for this project can be found at the end of this README. 😄
Rage Chess was built with:
Instructions for Easy Installation on Oculus Quest 2:
- Become an Oculus Developer (anyone can do it!)
- Download Oculus Developer Hub to your computer
- Save the APK from this repository to your computer
- Load the APK onto your device by dragging the APK file from your file manager into the Oculus Developer Hub app under “My Device”
If you want to clone the project to view it in the Unity Editor, install Unity version 2020.3.10
Also, if you want or need to create your own free PhotonPun account and server to play with an opponent/friend this is the resource we used to set up our online service. Multiplayer Chess in Unity
Next Steps / Stretch Goals
- Improve scoring system
- Implement legal chess moves
- Voice Chat
- Additional Room Environments
- Customizable Avatars
Contributions are what make the open source community such an amazing place to be learn, inspire, and create. Any contributions you make are greatly appreciated.
When this project reached the size at which it required Github Large File Storage (LFS), the creators switched to working through Unity Collaborate.
Since contributing directly to this code base through Github would not be an effective way to make updates to the project, please send us your feedback, suggestions, constructive criticism, or any other input.
Contact information for project creators can be found in the Authors section below.
- Ayden Townsley - Github - @whoziwhatzit_ - [email protected]
- Kyle Whitten - Github - @kwhit212 - [email protected]
- Peyton Smith - Github - @peytons0606 - [email protected]
- Valerie Nierenberg - Github - @Val_Gal_Pal_ - [email protected]