This was an iterative and collaborative project which spanned multiple repositories and contributors.
The goal of the project was to deploy a recreation of the AirBnB website.
- A command interpreter to manipulate data without a visual interface, like in a Shell (perfect for development and debugging)
- A website (the front-end) that shows the final product to everybody: static and dynamic
- A database or files that store data (data = objects)
- An API that provides a communication interface between the front-end and your data (retrieve, create, delete, update them)
- create your data model
- manage (create, update, destroy, etc) objects via a console / command interpreter
- store and persist objects to a file (JSON file)
- learn HTML/CSS
- create the HTML of your application
- create template of each object
- replace the file storage by a Database storage
- map your models to a table in database by using an O.R.M.
Web framework - templating
- create your first web server in Python
- make your static HTML file dynamic by using objects stored in a file or database
- expose all your objects stored via a JSON web interface
- manipulate your objects via a RESTful API
- learn JQuery
- load objects from the client side by using your own RESTful API